Tata Institute of Social Sciences provides various short and mid term HR Certification Courses in Mumbai - Depending upon profile and requirement of the department, you can choose from the list of various HR Training Courses. Mentioned are the details of the Course in Background Screening
This background screening course operates on the concept of “Protect your Business”. An organization needs to uncover the business, operational and reputational risks of recruiting a candidate and mitigate them. This is optimally achieved by verifying the candidate’s past employment history, educational qualifications, checking for a criminal record, if any, and tell-tale signs of any potentially deviant behaviour. This program aims to provide the trainee an understanding of the concept and techniques of employee background screening.
- • Fresh Graduates.
- • Working professionals from HR function.
- • Those from other fields looking to make a career in the HR/ Corporate Security functions.
This program will provide employment opportunities to candidates in the HR/ Corporate Security functions of mid and large sized organizations, as also in operations within the background screening industry.
The course would be for a total duration of:
- • 60 hours – for HR professionals
- • 90 hours – for those looking to make a career in the background screening industry/ Corporate Security function
These could be completed in the following ways:
- • 6/ 10 weeks evening course for working professionals (2 hours Mon-Friday)
- • 2/ 3 weeks full day course (6 hours Mon – Fri)
- • 4/ 5 weekend course (8 Hours on Sat/Sun)
Students will be assessed on a written examination that will be conducted at the end of the course, project assignment and viva-voce.
Employee Background Checks are an important part of the HR/ Corporate Security function and aid in understanding, analyzing and mitigating various types of risks an organization faces while recruiting new employees. Background checks may be requested by employer on the employee’s/ prospective employee’s past employment record, educational qualifications, criminal record, credit history, media and social media presence, substance abuse, etc.
- • BGC Philosophy
- • Developing A BGC Policy
- • Laws, Rules & Regulations Governing BGC
- • Process Overview
- • Reading and Analyzing a BGC Report
- • Verification Processes
- • Background Screening Reports
- • Quality Management
- • Account Management